Notice at Collection for California Employees and Job Applicants
Last Updated: January 2023
Hikvision USA Inc. (“Hikvision”) adopts this Notice at Collection for California Employees and Job Applicants (“Notice”) regarding the collection of Personal Information to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020 (collectively, “CCPA”). Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this Notice.
Hikvision is committed to protecting the privacy and security of Personal Information. In the course of its business, Hikvision collects and uses Personal Information of job applicants, prospective employees, and employees. This Notice describes the categories of Personal Information Hikvision collects, the purpose for which Hikvision intends to use and disclose these information, the security and retention of the categories of Personal Information collected, and how you may exercise your CCPA rights.
Categories of Personal Information Hikvision Collects:
Hikvision collects the categories of Personal Information listed below directly from you and the information you provide during your job application process, your employment onboarding process, during the selection of your benefits as an employee, and your employment process at Hikvision.
- Identifying information, such as your full name, gender, date of birth, and signature.
- Contact information, such as your home address, telephone numbers, email addresses, and emergency contact information.
- Dependent's or other individual's information, such as their full name, address, date of birth, and Social Security numbers (SSN).
- Educational and professional background, such as your work history, academic and professional qualifications, educational records, references, and interview notes.
- Employment details, such as your job title, position, hire dates, compensation, performance and disciplinary records, and vacation and sick leave records.
- Financial information, such as banking details, billing/expense information for reimbursement, tax information, payroll information, and withholdings.
- Information Systems (IS) information, such as your search history, browsing history, login information, and IP addresses on Company's information systems and networks.
- Geolocation data, such as time and physical location related to use of an internet website, application, device, or physical access to a Company office location.
- Sensory or surveillance information, such as call monitoring and video surveillance.
- Profile or summary about an applicant/employee's preferences, characteristics, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
Categories of Sensitive Personal Information Hikvision Collects:
Hikvision collects the categories of Sensitive Personal Information listed below directly from you and the information you provide during your job application process, your employment onboarding process, during the selection of your benefits as an employee, and your employment process at Hikvision.
- National identifiers, such as SSN, driver license information, passport and visa information, and immigration status and documentation.
- Demographic data, such as race, ethnic origin, marital status, disability, and veteran or military status.
- Unique identifying biometric information, such as facial recognition, fingerprints, or other physical patterns.
- Health and Safety information, such as health conditions (if modification is needed through doctor note during your employment with the company), job restrictions, workplace illness and injury information, and health insurance policy information.
Purpose for which Hikvision Intends to Use or Disclose these Information:
Hikvision collects and uses these Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information for human resources, employment, benefit administration, health and safety, and business-related purposes, and where necessary to comply with any local, state, and federal legal obligations. Hikvision collects the above information to use or disclose as appropriate to:
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations, comply with legal orders and government requests, and respond to subpoena or similar legal process to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts.
- Recruit and evaluate job applicants and candidates for employment.
- Conduct background checks.
- Manage your employment relationship with Hikvision, including for:
- onboarding processes;
- timekeeping, payroll, and expense report administration;
- employee benefits administration;
- employee training and development requirements;
- the creation, maintenance, and security of your online employee accounts;
- reaching your emergency contacts when needed, such as when you are not reachable or are injured or ill;
- workers' compensation claims management;
- employee job performance, including goals and performance reviews, promotions, discipline, and termination; and
- other human resources purposes.
- Manage and monitor employee access to Company facilities, equipment, and systems.
- Conduct internal audits and workplace investigations.
- Investigate and enforce compliance with and potential breaches of Hikvision’s policies and procedures.
- Maintaine commercial insurance policies and coverages, including for workers' compensation and other liability insurance.
- Performe workforce analytics, data analytics, and benchmarking.
- Administer and maintain Hikvision’s operations, including for workplace safety maintenance purposes.
- For client marketing purposes.
- Exercise or defend the legal rights of Hikvision, its affiliates and its employees.
Hikvision will not sell the Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information we collect. We also will not share them with third parties for cross-context behavioral advertising. Hikvision may disclose the Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information to third parties for fulfilling the above mentioned human resources, business-related, and/or legal compliance purposes. Hikvision only disclose the Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information to third parties who perform services on behalf of us on the basis that they are bound by contractual obligation to use it only for the specified business purposes for which we disclose it to them, to comply with applicable CCPA obligations, and to provide same level of privacy protection on the Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information. During the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed each of the above-listed categories of personal information for such business purposes.
Hikvision will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information or use the Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information collected for materially different purpose, unless an additional and/or updated notice has been first provided to you.
Security and Retention of your Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information
Hikvision has implemented commercially reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls that are designed to safeguard Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information. We also conduct periodic reviews and assessments of the effectiveness of our security controls.
Notwithstanding the above, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, Hikvision cannot guarantee that your Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information is under absolute security with the existing security technology.
Hikvision stores your Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information for as long as necessarily required to fulfill the above mentioned human resources, business-related, and/or legal compliance purposes, to verify your identity, or respond to your requests or questions, unless otherwise requested by you or permitted by law.
The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding our use of their Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information. Specifically, a California resident is provided with the rights to:
- Request a business that collects his/her Personal Information to delete any Personal Information about him/her, subject to certain exceptions (“Right to Delete”);
- Request a business that collects and maintains his/her Personal Information to correct any inaccurate Personal Information about him/her (“Right to Correct”);
- Request a business who collects his/her Personal Information to disclose to him/her (1) the categories of Personal Information that is collected, sold, or shared; (2) the categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected; (3) the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling or sharing his/her Personal Information; and/or (4) the categories of third parties to whom the business shares, discloses, or sells his/her Personal Information (“Right to Know and Data Portability”);
- Direct a business that collects his/her Sensitive Personal Information to limit its use of his/her Sensitive Personal Information to that use which is necessary to perform the requested services or provide the requested goods (“Right to Limit Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information”);
- Be free from discrimination or retaliation imposed by a business due to his/her exercise of any of the above CCPA rights (“Right of No Retaliation”).
To exercise your CCPA rights, please submit your request by any one of the following methods:
- Email: email@example.com
- Toll-Free Telephone Number: 1-866- 200-6690
- Mailing Address: 18639 Railroad St, City of Industry, CA 91748
Once we receive your request to delete, correct, or know your Personal Information, we may verify it by requesting information sufficient to confirm your identity. If you would like to use an authorized agent to exercise your rights, we may request evidence that the agent has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf. We will respond to your request within 45 days of receiving a verifiable request from you. Such response period may be extended for an additional 45 days when reasonably necessary and provided that a notice of the extension is provided to you within the first 45-day period. We reserve the right to deny requests in certain circumstances permitted by applicable laws, such as where we have a reasonable belief that the request is fraudulent.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your CCPA rights.
If you have any questions about this Notice or need to access it in an alternative format due to having a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-866- 200-6690 (Toll-Free).