Additional State-Specific Privacy Disclosures
Effective Date: July 1st, 2023
This Additional State-Specific Privacy Disclosure (“Disclosure”) provides additional information to California, Virginia, Colorado, Connecticut, or Utah residents whose personal information is processed by Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd. and its U.S. subsidiary (collectively, “HIKVISION”) pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020 (collectively, “CCPA”), the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (“VCDPA”), the Colorado Privacy Act (“CPA”), the Connecticut Data Privacy Act (“CDPA”), and the Utah Consumer Privacy Act (“UCPA”). Any terms defined in the CCPA, VCDPA, CPA, CDPA, and UCPA have the same meaning when used in this Disclosure.
Categories of Personal Information Collected and Disclosed
During the preceding 12 months, HIKVISION has collected the following categories of personal information that are processed pursuant to the CCPA, VCDPA, CPA, CDPA and UCPA:
Categories of Personal Information:
- identifiers, such as your name, email address or contact information, IP address, and online account information for HIKVISION products or services;
- Internet and electronic network activity information, such as your browser activity and other information associated with your browsing history, and information about your interactions with HIKVISION products, websites, mobile applications, and social media pages;
- biometric information, such as audio, electronic, or visual information;
- geolocation data, such as the location of your device or computer;
- professional or employment-related information;
- education information;
- inferences data, such as information about your purchase preferences; and
- other information as described above that may be considered personal information under the CCPA, VCDPA, CPA, CDPA and UCPA.
We do not collect any categories of sensitive personal information, as defined under the CCPA, VCDPA, CPA, CDPA and UCPA.
Sales of Personal Information:
We do not and will not sell the personal information we collect for purposes of the CCPA, VCDPA, CPA, CDPA and UCPA.
Share of Personal Information:
We do not share your personal information for cross-context behavioral advertising, as that term is defined by the CCPA, or targeted advertising, as that term is defined under the VCDPA, CPA, CDPA and UCPA.
Disclosure of Personal Information:
Your Data Protection Rights
You may have certain data protection rights under the applicable state privacy laws, including to:
- Request a business that collects your personal information to delete any personal information about you, subject to certain exceptions (“Right to Delete”);
- Request a business that collects and maintains your personal information to correct any inaccurate personal information about you (“Right to Correct”);
- Request a business who collects your personal information to disclose to you (1) the categories of personal information that is collected, sold, or shared; (2) the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected; (3) the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling or sharing your personal information; and/or (4) the categories of third parties to whom the business shares, discloses, or sells your personal information (“Right to Know and Data Portability”);
- Direct a business that sells or shares your personal information to third parties not to sell, or share your personal information for cross-context behavioral advertising, as defined by the CCPA, or for targeted advertising, as defined by the VCDPA, CPA, CDPA and UCPA (“Right to Opt-Out of Sales or Sharing or Right to Opt-Out of Sales or Targeted Advertising”);
- Direct a business not to process your personal information for profiling, as defined under the VCDPA, CPA and CDPA (“Right to Opt-Out of Profiling”);
To exercise your data rights, please submit your request by any one of the following methods:
- Email: Legal.email@example.com
- Toll-Free Telephone Number: 1-866- 200-6690
- Mailing Address: 18639 Railroad St, City of Industry, CA 91748
Once we receive your request to delete, correct, or know your personal information, request to opt out of sales or targeted advertising under the VCDPA, CPA, CDPA and UCPA, or request to opt out of profiling under the VCDPA, CPA and CDPA, we may verify it by requesting information sufficient to confirm your identity. For California resident, if you would like to use an authorized agent to exercise your rights, we may request evidence that the agent has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf.
We will respond to your request within 45 days of receiving a verifiable request from you. Such response period may be extended for an additional 45 days when reasonably necessary and provided that a notice of the extension is provided to you within the first 45-day period. We reserve the right to deny requests in certain circumstances permitted by applicable state privacy laws, such as where we have a reasonable belief that the request is fraudulent. We will notify you with reasons for the denial. In the event that you desire to appeal a denial decision on your request, you may contact us with any of the contact methods indicated above.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights and choices under applicable state privacy laws, although some of the functionality and features available to you may change or no longer be available to you. Any difference in the services is related to the value provided.
De-Identified Data Disclosure
We may use de-identified data in some instances. We either maintain such data without attempting to re-identify it or treat such data as personal data subject to applicable state privacy law.
CPA Profiling Disclosure
We do not engage in profiling of consumers in furtherance of automated decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects, as those terms are defined under the CPA.
If you have any questions about this Notice or need to access it in an alternative format due to having a disability, please contact Legal.firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-866-200-6690 (Toll-Free).